|Registry Numbers||US 1202, RI 8 (view other lookouts in United States, Rhode Island)|
|Date Registered||June 9, 2017|
|Nominated by||Jack Kelley|
|Location||Kent County, Rhode Island|
N 41° 36.430' W 071° 46.388' (view using Google Maps)
N 41° 36' 26" W 071° 46' 23"
N 41.607169° W 071.773129°
|Elevation||559 ft (171 m)|
|Administered by||Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management|
The Escoheag Hill fire tower is an 80ft modified Aermotor tower that was first built in 1934 on an unnamed knoll in the George Washington State Forest in Burrillville. In 1937 the tower was moved and in 1938 it was reconstructed at its present location. Sometime after 2009 the non-standard wooden cab was burned by vandals. The fire destroyed most of the upper landings of the tower and damaged the upper stairs. Burn spots can be seen on the remaining wood, and charred boards litter the ground around the lookout. Presently it is not maintained, and has not been an active lookout since around 1990.