Morehead Mountain Lookout - 2015
|Registry Numbers||US 1450, ID 143 (view other lookouts in United States, Idaho)|
|Date Registered||October 2, 2020|
|Nominated by||Brad Eells|
Boise National Forest
Valley County, Idaho
N 44° 33.905' W 115° 21.541' (view using Google Maps)
N 44° 33' 54" W 115° 21' 32"
N 44.565091° W 115.359017°
|Elevation||8,516 ft (2,596 m)|
|Former Fire Lookout Sites Register||US 2080, ID 31|
|Administered by||U.S. Forest Service|
|Cooperators||Challis National Forest|
Morehead Mountain Lookout was originally constructed in 1933 and destroyed that year by a lightning strike. The R1/L-4 ground cabin was rebuilt in 1934.
The lookout was refurbished by a Treasure Valley Back Country Horsemen volunteer crew in 2015, including the removal on a non-original catwalk.
The lookout is located within the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness.
Morehead Mountain was reported destroyed in the Boundary Fire on September 9, 2021.