Photo courtesy of Kristin Reynolds
|Registry Numbers||US 1168, VA 34 (view other lookouts in United States, Virginia)|
|Date Registered||January 23, 2017|
|Nominated by||Kristin Reynolds|
|Location||Culpeper County, Virginia|
|Coordinates||Coordinates are unlisted at owner's request|
|Administered by||Private owner|
Overlooking Germanna Bridge, the Culpeper Tower was built in 1955 by 12 foresters and game wardens. It replaced a wooden tower built in 1935. During this time period in Virginia, the U.S. Forest Service and Virginia Department of Forestry were trying to replace wooden towers with steel in key areas.