|Registry Numbers||US 1268, WI 49 (view other lookouts in United States, Wisconsin)|
|Date Registered||February 5, 2018|
|Nominated by||Tyler Bormann|
|Location||Jackson County, Wisconsin|
N 44° 13.417' W 090° 30.249' (view using Google Maps)
N 44° 13' 25" W 090° 30' 15"
N 44.223614° W 090.504158°
|Elevation||1,381 ft (421 m)|
|Administered by||Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources|
Lookout towers have been atop Knapp Mound dating back to at least 1932. At that time a 72-foot tall “Baker Improved Strengthened” type tower featuring an external unprotected ladder was in place. The current tower, a 68-foot Wisconsin standard model with external cage protected ladder was built at an unknown later date. Due to years of vandalism the cab of Knapp Mound was replaced in 2008 and the tower was in service and staffed intermittently during spring fire season until 2015 when Wisconsin decommissioned its lookout network.